Congratulations on your acceptance to South Central College!
Now that you are admitted, below are your next steps to begin your academic career at SCC:
- STAR ID
The STAR ID is a username used to login and maintain your academic record (example: ac1234cd).
- If you have not activated your STAR ID or you have forgotten it or you password, visit https://starid.minnstate.edu.
- The STAR ID and password are used to complete the online orientation and to register for classes. Bring your STAR ID and password to the Advising & Registration session.
- Online Orientation
Go to https://southcentral.learn.minnstate.edu/. All new students must complete the online orientation prior to attending an Advising & Registration session. For more information about logging into D2L, visit http://online.southcentral.edu/students/login.pdf.
Go to www.southcentral.edu/accuplacer to schedule your placement test, if required. This will determine course placement in reading, writing and math.
- Advising & Registration (A&R)
Go to www.southcentral.edu/ar to schedule your on-campus Advising & Registration session. During this session, you will meet with your faculty and/or academic advisor to discuss your program and register for classes.
- Select your campus and major
- Select a date that fits your schedule
- Complete the online reservation form
- Freshman Start Up
Attend Welcome Week’s Freshman Start Up. These are events for all students at SCC.