Students can get a jump start on earning college credits by taking college courses while they are in still in high school through Minnesota’s PSEO program. This program allows students to take college courses tuition free, saving both time and money on completing a college degree. PSEO courses may also fulfill high school course requirements and count toward a high school diploma.
For additional information related to the PSEO program you can visit:
- MN Department of Education website (which includes the PSEO Reference Guide)
- Minnesota State Statute 124D.09
- MN State System Policy
To Qualify a Student Must:
Be a Senior, Junior, or Sophomore in high school.
- High School Seniors: Class rank in the upper one-half of their class, or score at or above the 50thpercentile on a nationally standardized, norm-referenced test (ACT, SAT, PLAN, ASPIRE, or PSAT), or cumulative GPA of 2.8 (on a 4.0 scale) or better
- High School Juniors: Class rank in the upper one-third of their class, or score at or above the 70th percentile on a nationally standardized, norm-referenced test (ACT, SAT, PLAN, ASPIRE, or PSAT), or cumulative GPA of 3.2 (on a 4.0 scale) or better
- High School Sophomores: see the requirements here.
- Home schooled students: Seniors must score at or above the 50thpercentile on a nationally standardized, norm-referenced test (ACT, SAT, PLAN, ASPIRE, or PSAT). Juniors must score at or above the 70thpercentile on a nationally standardized, norm-referenced test (ACT, SAT, PLAN, ASPIRE, or PSAT). Sophomore-level home schooled students are not eligible for PSEO.
Be admitted to South Central College, having successfully completed all college admission requirements
- Submit a completed South Central College application by using our Online Application or print out an Application Form and send in the completed form to the college.
- Submit an official high school transcript identifying class rank if applicable. Transcripts must be official and should be sent directly to SCC.
- Submit an official college transcript if you have taken PSEO or Concurrent Enrollment courses. SCC may be able to obtain your official transcripts from any of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities at no charge to you. For information on how courses may transfer to SCC, please review the Transferology link via the SCC Transfer Made Easy link.
- Submit any earned Articulated College Credit which can be obtained from the www.ctecreditmn.com website
- Submit a completed Post Secondary Enrollment Options Program form signed by the student, parent, and high school counselor.
Students are admitted into a program/major when all of the requirements on the Additional PSEO Information page have been completed and there is space available in the program/major. Additional course restrictions and financial responsibilities are also noted on the page.
South Central College encourages completion of the application process early to assure the best course availability. No exceptions will be given for admission for late paperwork. PSEO is not available for Summer sessions.
- Priority Deadline: June 1
- Final Deadline: August 1
- Priority Deadline: December 1
- Final Deadline: December 15
** If dates falls on a weekend, the deadline is the following Monday.
Learn what you’ll need to do after you are accepted on the “Next Steps after Admission" page.