To stay informed on updates, changes, and upcoming events in the Nursing Program, prospective and current students are encouraged to explore the upcoming events that apply to them. For further information on any one event, click on the corresponding link or contact the nursing department.
Nursing Informational Sessions
Individuals who would like to learn more about the Registered Nursing or Practical Nursing programs at South Central College should attend one of our Nursing Information Sessions. Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic and the CDC's recommendations for social distancing, all Nursing Information Sessions will be held via web conferencing using Zoom. Participants will receive a confirmation email and a link for the scheduled Zoom meeting a minimum of 24 hours before the session.
Some topics that will be discussed:
- Steps for applying to South Central College as a Pre-Nursing student
- Differences in the RN and LPN Nursing programs
- Program Policies
- Admission criteria
- Entrance exam requirements
- A question/answer period is included
- Attendance at one Info Session is required for application to the nursing programs
Sign Up to Attend an Info Session:
Topics that can be addressed during an advising session:
- How to read your Degree Audit Report including if transfer work is shown
- Know which classes to take and in which order
- Questions about applying to the program
- Questions about planning to successfully pursue a 4-year program after completing the Nursing Program at South Central College
Students who have been accepted into the nursing program will be assigned a nursing faculty member as an advisor. You are encouraged to speak with your advisor regularly regarding your courses and your clinical related questions. Refer to your Degree Audit Report in your E-Services account to locate your advisor.