Are you interested in joining TRiO Student Support Services?
Services are free to enrolled undergraduate students meeting at least one of the following criteria:
- First generation college student (neither parent has a four-year college degree)
- Low Income
- Documented disability (must be registered with the Office of Disability Services)
In addition, each student must:
- Be admitted and enrolled in classes at South Central College
- Be a citizen or national of the U.S. OR meet the residency requirements for federal student financial assistance
- Demonstrate an academic need. This will be assessed on an individual basis. Some common indications of academic need include a low GPA, a GPA below that required for admission to a specific degree program, low high school grades, low Accuplacer scores, limited English proficiency, etc.
- Complete the online application
- Once your application has been processed, you will be invited to an interview to discuss the program services and your own academic needs.
- The Student Support Services Department serves only 140 students at any given time. If there is not an immediate opening at the time of your application, your name will be placed on our waiting list.