Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, South Central College is recommending the use of its remote Veterans Education Benefit Services options. For on-campus appointments, use social distancing guidelines (please do not schedule if you or a family member are sick).
Remote Services Options:
- Phone Appointments: On the day of your appointment, Candy Laven will contact you at the phone number provided in the appointment registration process. For privacy reasons, your call may come from a blocked or unknown number.
- Zoom Video Meeting: This video option will allow you to visually share information. Prior to your appointment, you will receive an email from Candy Laven providing a link to your scheduled appointment. It is important that you have reliable internet service. This is a great option if you would prefer a visual experience and it is easy to use.
Candy Laven and David Schrader are able to provide information and assistance to students making the transition from military to college. Veterans, current military members, and family members are encouraged to come in for personalized information about both on and off campus resources available to meet the unique challenges they face.
Information and referrals regarding:
- Educational benefits and scholarships
- Veterans' employment assistance and unemployment benefits
- Medical benefits
- Mental health resources
- Family assistance services
- Service-connected disability claims
- Post-deployment transition issues
- Veterans' rights regarding residency status, payment extensions, military transfer credits, and accommodations for deployments
For information about education benefits you may be eligible for, contact David Schrader. For information about admission, enrollment, programs, certification and class schedules contact, Candy Laven. For information regarding VA education benefit payments and bills, contact 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551).